love your job
Careers at Orchard
At Orchard Design we like to employ energetic people that are full of enthusiasm, initiative and are always looking for ways to do things better. Because of our wide range of services, our team members have a wide range of skills and strengths.
Junior Graphic Designer
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and multi-disciplined Junior Graphic Designer. We require a team player who is driven to become a valuable asset to our company. The ideal candidate must have a diverse range of skills. Attention to detail is a must. We are a niche industry with a specialized focus on the real estate and development industry. A creative thinker and solution finder, you understand and appreciate the opportunity of facing challenges. It is imperative that all candidates be fast and eager learners with an interest in the field.
In this role, you will be responsible to work with account executives to develop signage, advertisements, print material and digital content for a number of different clients. Additional responsibilities may include coordinating with suppliers and media outlets. Experience with social media and advertising on digital platforms is considered an asset.
You will be given the opportunity to develop solutions to our clients marketing needs, often carrying your ideas through from concept to completion. Strong writing and creative writing skills are a requirement.
What we require:
- Creative with a passion for words and fostering the voice of a brand
- Able to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate ideas that are analytically sound
- Highly self-motivated
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Writing and developing SEO friendly content an asset
- You must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and work in a Mac environment.
- Take design from concept through completion, while applying effective command of design principles
- Ability to develop original and creative content and headline writing
- Strong skills in identity and branding
- User interface design an asset
What you offer:
- Graphic Design diploma or degree
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Creative Thinker – You have ideas
- Creative Designer – You effectively execute ideas graphically
- Creative Writer – You can generate ideas for headline, content and campaigns
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects
- User Interface and User Experience design with understanding of Responsive Web Design
- Well versed in social media
- Great sense of humour
- Calls Southwestern Ontario home
- Self motivated
- Driven to succeed
- Driven to constantly improve and develop skills
- Confident enough to push the envelope, humble enough to take criticism
- Mature enough to understand and accept the limitations and external factors placed on a given project
- Creative enough to exceed expectations given the limitations and external factors placed on a given project
- Flexible and committed
- Ability to learn quickly in niche industry
What we offer:
- A flexible work environment
- Full benefits and RRSP contributions
- Opportunity for full creative freedom
- Salary commensurates with experience and talent
Please submit portfolio showcasing: Branding. Logo design. Ad design. Brochure design. Copywriting. Interface Design. New Media. Originality. Creativity. Headline writing. Marketing. We will only consider applicants who include a cover letter, resume and portfolio.
apply at: email@example.com
Be creative and tell us something about yourself and why you think you stand out.
POSITION FILLED Junior Architectural Draftsperson
Who We’re Looking For:
We are seeking a full time position for our growing satellite office in London, Ontario as well as a position in our Cambridge office. The successful candidates will be working closely with our senior staff to create complete working drawings for custom homes, builder homes and builder client specific homes as well as renovations and additions. What we require:
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience in residential building projects an asset
- Knowledge of new home construction with an understanding of the fundamentals of residential wood frame construction practices, technique and conventions
- Basic knowledge of residential building code
- Strong attention to detail
- Well developed organizational and communication skills
- Self motivated
What we bring to the table:
- A flexible work environment
- A great support team who like to laugh and have fun
- $17-$19 per hour
- 37.5 hours per week
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference JUNIOR ARCHITECTURAL DRAFTSPERSON in your subject line. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested in Joining the Team?
We’re still a small company and have a low turn over rate, so job opportunities aren’t always open. Don’t let that stop you though. Feel free to send us your resume. email@example.com